With the purpose of making this blog more interactive to the readers, we are opening our Feature Page soon starting with the following Categories:
Author Interview / Author Feature
Authors who would like to be featured in the blog may answer the following questions in the text area:
- What makes a good author? What encouraged you to become an author?
- What writing habits do you have and how do they help you be more creative or efficient?
- If you were to choose the most inspiring line you have written, what would it be?
- If you could have a cup of coffee with a fellow author, who would it be and why?
- What is your book all about and how did you come up with the idea for the plot? What did you enjoy the most in the process (drafting/writing/editing)?
You may also choose to write an essay, basically introducing yourself, as creatively as possible, to everyone. We recommend a 500 word count.
Authors that will be featured in a week will be asked to submit a head shot or a photo of their book so please be reminded to double check the email address you input.
Teacher of the Week
If you are a Language or Reading teacher and willing to share teaching strategies to a number of aspiring educators out there, please answer the following questions in the text area:
- What language do you teach?/What school? /What is the proficiency level of your learners?
- What challenges have you encountered in teaching?
- What teaching strategies or tools, suitable for target learners, do you recommend?
- Do you have an interesting experience in class you would like to share?
Educators who would like to share a more personal experience are also encouraged to write anecdotes with a 500 word count. A head shot will be requested once your request is approved so please check the email address you input.
Students who want their awesome teachers to be featured are also welcome to write a 500-word account.
Student of the Week
If you are a Language or Reading teacher with an interesting and inspiring story about what happened in class, please do share it in the text area:
- Who is this inspiring student? What is his/her background?
- When did this event happen? What was happening in class?
- How did this student handle the situation?
Once the request has been approved, you will be asked to submit a photo of the said student.
If you are a host of an educational blog (reading, literacy, art) and you want your blog to be featured and connected to our network please answer the following questions.
- What does your blog offer?
- What inspired you to put up a blog?
- How often do you post updates?
- *optional* Do you accept author contributions in your blog?
All participants will receive emails once their contributions go live.
Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and participation.